We have a rewarding opportunity for a Trust Accountant position within a well-established company in Syracuse, NY.
This outstanding organization offers competitive salary and benefits, 401K match, room for career growth, and a team focused work environment!
Main responsibilities of the Trust Accountant include:
- Prepare and/or review fiduciary and gift returns
- Prepare and/or review estate tax returns
- Prepare and/or review court or fiduciary accounting
- Assist client with estate/trust administration
- Work with clients to build relationships and provide strategies for estate tax planning, gift tax planning, fiduciary income tax planning and consulting solutions
- Identify and research tax and planning issues using internet-based tools, and communicate and document the results orally and/or written in a clear and concise manner
- 3-5+ years of Accounting experience with a focus on trusts and fiduciary accounting
- CPA license highly preferred
- Experience or ability to manage and mentor a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects
- Ability to work directly and communicate with clients and have a commitment to exceptional client service
- Must be able to work additional hours during tax season or as needed
- Working knowledge of Lacerte Tax, TEdec Fiduciary Accounting, QuickBooks, and Microsoft office is a plus
- $70,000 - $100,000 per year
If this position is not the right fit for you, but better for someone you know please feel free to forward the information. We compensate up to $500 for referrals that are placed into positions with our clients.
For immediate consideration please submit a resume in WORD to firstname.lastname@example.org
CPS Recruitment is an EOE