Automation Technician (55893)
HOURS: 2nd shift - Monday-Friday (3pm to 11pm) - overtime and weekend work may be required at times
PAY RATE: $18/hr. + DOE
CPS Recruitment is partnering with an established company in East Syracuse, NY to find an Automation Technician to join their team!
Safety is a huge focus for this organization, offering the opportunity to earn a safety bonus of up to $1000 annually! An on-site café, a climate-controlled environment, and career development are benefits to working for this company! Apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Troubleshoots and repairs automated assembly and process equipment
- Sets-up automated assembly and process equipment for specific production runs
- Supports the production floor by answering equipment repair and trouble-shooting requests.
- Performs preventive or corrective maintenance on automated assembly systems, process, and ancillary equipment
- Installs, sets-up, and rebuilds automation assembly and process equipment as required
- Provides excellent internal customer service to the Machine Operators through quick response time, effective communication, and resolution of issues.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion, abiding by company rules and safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of Technical Certification or Vocational Training and 3+ years of related experience. Associate’s degree in Mechanical Technology preferred.
- Prior experience in troubleshooting and repairing high speed automated assembly systems including the mechanical devices, hydraulic and pneumatic circuits, programmable logic controllers, electrical circuits, and the human-machine interfaces that are present on the mentioned systems.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with proficiency in various instruments and hand tools, such as electrical multi-meters and precision measuring devices.
- Proficiency in the ability to read and comprehend electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic diagrams and blueprints.
- Basic knowledge of PLC controls, Servo Drives, VFD drives, and High Speed Vision Inspection Systems.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
Applicants must follow the CPS employment guidelines and be willing to comply with our drug screening policy and other pre-employment requirements.
How to Apply:
For consideration, please submit a resume to the following:
Further questions, call 315-883-5508
CPS Recruitment is an Equal Opportunity Employer