IT SECURITY OFFICER
We are seeking an IT Security Officer in the Utica, NY area. As the IT Security Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring the secure operations for small, established research-oriented engineering firm. In this role you will help maintain security programs for active contracts and awarded contracts, and security related issues.
This company is a small, growing employee-owned company committed to advancing the quality of life for its employees. They offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Key duties will include:
- Processing of federal security clearances, record maintenance, understanding all intelligence community and DoD security requirements, along with safeguarding
- This position requires independent judgment and confidentiality
- Daily duties will include conducting new employee briefings, exit interviews and debriefings, investigating and reporting security violations, incident reports, and coordination of periodic re-investigations and preparation of DD254 forms for subcontractors
- Coordinate with the IT team to prevent, analyze and resolve problems associated with infrastructure, hardware, and software applications across multiple offices
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously
- US citizenship is required, as well as the ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain Security+ certification.
- Familiarity with NISPOM requirements and with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) under the NISPOM and ICD 503, is a plus
To be considered, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CPS Recruitment is an EOE